Butzbach or Magdeburg
We are an advanced company, working with agile methods, and using the latest Internet technologies to develop an unique cloud-based platform and mobile commerce apps.
To strengthen our software development, we’re looking for a Mobile Developer (m/f/d). You’ll be responsible for the development of our apps and get the chance to develop cool new stuff based on React Native
- Development of our Android and iOS Apps based on React Native
- Support for the development of our innovative app framework for mobile commerce apps
- Closely collaborate within a cross-functional team and product owner
- Development of unit tests as a part of test-driven development
- Continuous quality assurance and improvement of our apps concerning performance
- Experience with React Native and knowledge in native development of iOS / Android
- Skills in object-oriented programming, software design, and testing
- Evaluation of new technologies as well as ongoing development of own skills in relation to innovative technologies and frameworks
- Strong knowledge in automatization of build and deployment processes (e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab)
- Comfortable with unit testing frameworks and development tools like Git, Xcode or Android / IntelliJ
- Good understanding of clean code principles
- Experience in agile software development (test-driven development with scrum or kanban, pair programming, retrospectives, collective code ownership)
- Professional English skills, German optional
This job is available in either Butzbach or Magdeburg.
You decide where you want to work!
We have a lot to offer
An agile environment with flat hierarchies and a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
CEO’s and team leaders present current strategies and numbers once every quarter.
Training & Education
Further training at the Shopgate Academy and through external coaches.
Personal Feedback on a regular basis for your self development.
Teamwork, individual responsibility and constant adaptation to the changing conditions are the focus of our actions.
Flexible Working Hours
Early birds and late risers are both welcome.
Come As You Are
No need to worry about a dresscode. Wear whatever you feel comfortable with!
Retirement planning is important: We offer you a company pension and add 15% on top.
Employee Referral Program
We reward every successful referral with a bonus.
We have leisure areas with couches, table football, gaming consoles and other tech gadgets for you.
Free Snacks & Drinks
We provide you with free snacks as well as fruits, drinks and of course coffee.
There are countless discounts and deals at many shops and merchants, both online and locally.
Start your day right! We provide you with a subsidized membership to the local gym.
We will support you in finding a suitable apartment, assist you with any additional entry formalities and provide language courses if needed.
Developer Explorational Days
Monthly explorational day – try out new technologies and tools to always find the best solution.
International Trade Fairs & Conferences
You may attend exciting conferences every year to boost professional development.
Hackathons & LAN parties
We organize developer events such as Hackathons and LAN parties.
Mac, Windows or Linux?
Free choice of your hard & software
What we have in our different locations
Our office management provides an atmosphere of well-being, amazing events and will always be there for you.
We offer highly-discounted commuter tickets for the Rhein-Main Transportation Network so you can arrive at work feeling relaxed and refreshed.
We are looking forward to receiving your application! It should only contain your resume, the earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations. Just send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the apply button.
for your application at Shopgate
A suit is not required for your interview – it’s completely casual at Shopgate! Feel free to come in whatever makes you feel comfortable.
We want you to understand our business model. Please be prepared for questions about our products and services.
At your interview, we would love to get to know you and hear your interesting stories. No need to memorize any answers from a guide book. Just be yourself!
Applying at Shopgate is very easy: just visit our jobs page, select your dream job, and click “Apply Now”. A short form will open on the next page which asks to agree to our data collection policy. On the next page you can then enter your personal information, upload your CV and other supporting documents. Depending on the position you are applying for, work samples or other references might also be necessary.
We only need your CV!
Please tell us about yourself and your background, mention important stages of your studies and/or professional developments and give us a brief description.
For some positions it can be helpful to enclose selected work samples (e.g. code samples, graphic portfolio).