The Senior Content Marketing Manager is a strategic role designed to lead and implement Shopgate’s global content strategy. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining global content strategies that align with and provide traction to meet Shopgate’s company goals. In the first 6 months to a year of this role, you will be an individual contributor as well as a strategic leader – Shopgate is looking for team members that are ready to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to help the company succeed! This role owns all things content at Shopgate – from the website, to blogs, white papers, emails, social media and the overarching implementation strategy of these mediums. You will work directly with the Global VP of Marketing and collaborate daily with the globally-distributed marketing team.
- Define and create content marketing strategies and plans based on company-wide goals that support and extend marketing initiatives.
- Understand the customer’s buying journey and evaluate how we can better leverage content to move prospects deeper into the funnel.
- Build an effective, scalable and efficient content marketing engine, including deploying mission critical tools, processes and systems.
- Help marketing and partner teams determine high-value audience segments by enhancing persona and cohort definitions, drive content planning aimed at these audiences.
- Create and drive high-quality production of content, including website copy, outbound email messaging, blog posts, customer case studies, thought leadership white papers, etc.
- Work with the Global VP of Marketing to create and maintain a content calendar that aligns with internal and external stakeholders, working closely with sales and product, as well as strategic business partnerships.
- Work with digital and SEO teams to implement strategies that improve keyword rankings, drive web traffic and deliver leads.
- Track and analyze content performance and marketing funnel growth against departmental and company goals to iterate on and advance the global content strategy, including analyzing web metrics and dashboards with an emphasis on driving Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) for the business.
- Provide leadership to develop innovative content strategies, track and optimize content performance, review others’ work and train others in development of powerful content.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a comparable position, preferably in e-commerce or retail technology
- Degree in Marketing, PR, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- Proven success in the design and implementation of content strategy campaigns, including buyer personas and content journey maps
- Collaborative approach and ability to iterate based on analytics and input from sales, product and partner teams
- Detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Nice to have: Experience with Salesforce, sales pipeline methods, marketing automation software (we use ActiveCampaign), video and ebook creation
- You are a storyteller, creative and collaborative strategist that excels in the player and coach role
- You want the opportunity to play a key role in shaping Shopgate’s global marketing strategy and writing your own success story
- You desire flat hierarchies and meritocracy which give you the opportunity in an exciting international environment to develop yourself quickly, both personally and professionally
- You want a work environment in which personal responsibility and team spirit complement each other and which is characterized by open communication
- You excel in a remote-friendly environment including flexible working hours, unlimited PTO policy, full healthcare benefits coverage, 401k program, plus more perks!
** Shopgate has offices in Germany and Austin, TX. This role is US based and a Texas location is preferred but remote/work from home candidates will also be considered
At Shopgate, we value diversity on an individual level. We’re dedicated to creating an environment where people can share their own diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and ideas.
Shopgate is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We are looking forward to receiving your application! It should only contain your resume, the earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations. Just send us an e-mail to email@example.com or use the apply button.
for your application at Shopgate
A suit is not required for your interview – it’s completely casual at Shopgate! Feel free to come in whatever makes you feel comfortable.
We want you to understand our business model. Please be prepared for questions about our products and services.
At your interview, we would love to get to know you and hear your interesting stories. No need to memorize any answers from a guide book. Just be yourself!
Applying at Shopgate is very easy: just visit our jobs page, select your dream job, and click “Apply Now”. A short form will open on the next page which asks to agree to our data collection policy. On the next page you can then enter your personal information, upload your CV and other supporting documents. Depending on the position you are applying for, work samples or other references might also be necessary.
We only need your CV!
Please tell us about yourself and your background, mention important stages of your studies and/or professional developments and give us a brief description.
For some positions it can be helpful to enclose selected work samples (e.g. code samples, graphic portfolio).