1) Shopgate Inc., based in 2225 E. Bayshore Road, Suite 200, Palo Alto, CA 94303 (subsequently “Shopgate” or “Provider”), uses the personal data of Buyers or Merchants (e.g. title, name, address, e-mail address, phone number, fax number, bank details) according to the regulations of the American data protection law.
(2) The personal data of a Buyer or Merchant are used exclusively for the handling of the concluded contracts between the parties, for instance for billing purposes. Sole exception are newsletters or emails, regarding offers of Shopgate or Merchants of Shopgate, which can be unsubscribed at any time.
(3) All personal data of Buyers or Merchants that have been transmitted to Shopgate will not be accessible to third parties without a written consent from the Buyer or the Merchant. This may not apply in case of a legal or official investigation.
(5) A free support service is available under the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, if other information is sought after or if the deletion of the the Buyer’s or Merchant’s data is desired.
(6) Data for marketing and improvement purposes shall be collected and saved on this website and on the mobile trading platforms of Shopgate. From this data user profiles with a pseudonym will be created. Cookies may be used for this as well. The collected data shall not be used to identify the visitor of this website personally and shall not be united with personal data through the carrier of the pseudonym without a consent given specifically by the person concerned.
When you visit our website some information (commonly known as a “cookie”) may be stored on your computer. Cookies are text files which a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means that they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Passwords and credit card numbers are not stored in cookies.
So that you will not have to re-enter your details each time you visit the website; and to track how our site is used and to improve and update the content of the website.